I'm looking for an application that can help me account for my work hours.
features that i'm looking for:
- (essential) regular short term reminders/notifications to ensure that I'm recording time for the correct task.
- easy task creation, just type a description and start recording. (rather than selecting from a list of previously created tasks)
- easy correction of times recorded (move a start time back and the previous task's end time gets adjusted.)
- good reporting or timesheet generation.
- free / open-source so that I don't have to get approval from my employer.
- (optional) it would be nice if it was portable.
Apps that i've looked at:
timepanic (www.timepanic.com): 1 2 3 4 x x
ptimer (http://www.sprinx.com/ptimer/) : 1 x x ? 5 x
ptm (http://ptm.sourceforge.net/): 1 x x 4 5 6
Grindstone 2 (http://www.epiforge.com/Grindstone2/): 1 2 x 4 5 ?
I’m hoping for a few more suggestions.
If timepanic was free it would be the front runner.
What other apps meet the requirements?