I've setup VirtualBox to run a Windows 7 Guest under a Windows 7 host. I get sound, but it's "skippy" and/or clackling when I listen to music on Winamp or Media Player Classic. Haven't tried other players yet.
The setup was done as follows:
- Installed a VirtualBox on my machine.
- Created a new Windows 7 VM. Set it up to have 1936 MB (RAM) and 64 MB (VIDEO), and a HD of 20GB.
- Installed Windows 7 N from a clean install under the VM.
- After Windows installed, I've run Windows Update. Got all fixes available and made sure it installed Realtek AC97 drivers.
- Installed VirtualBox extensions on the Guest.
- Installed Winamp on the VM, and copied a few mp3 files to the guest in order to test it.
That's when I've found out that the sound wasn't working properly. Not sure if this is a common or a very specific problem, does anyone experienced anything similar on a Windows Guest or even on a Linux Guest?