After a DSL technician installed a new router/wireless access point, I started having serious problems with my wireless connection on my PC.
To diagnose, I used a tool called "Colasoft ping tool" to monitor the wireless connectivity. The results with the windows ping tool are similar.
At the bottom of this post, you can view the monitoring results of both my laptop and my PC.
- Are positioned next to each other
- Have "excellent" WiFi signal strength
- Have been working correctly for years in this exact same setup
The WiFi access point is broadcasting at channel 11 (switching channels makes no difference). I used the tool "inSSIDer" to check the channels. None of them are occupied, except those of the WiFi network I connect to. The amplitude of this network is -50/-55dB.
I measured some bad pings with my laptop, but it's nothing compared to the connection drops and timeouts I get on my PC. This doesn't happen 100% of the time. Sometimes the connection is more or less normal, and then it's screwed up again. There's no pattern.
The PC connects to the wireless network using a SiteCom USB Adapter 54g WL-608. This is the router/wireless access point: Belgacom B Box
I can provide the config of my wireless network adapter and the WiFi config of the router if necessary.
Ping results of my laptop and PC:
It would be great if someone could point me in the right direction to solving this problem.