I have a strange ASUS Rampage Formula motherboard issue.
When the computer is off — I can't power it on: 'Power' button press gives just a short impulse on fans. When I disconnect the power cable and try again — nothing happens. The LCD says 'CPU INIT' even though it's powered off, even the fans.
However, if I wait for ~10mins with power cable unplugged — it POSTs, boots and works OK for days... until I'm unlucky enough to shut it down.
What can be the cause of successfull start-up only once in a while?
- Unplugging all unnecessary cables
- Checking the temperature inside: MB, CPU, GPU
- Unplugging the power cable for 1 minute.
- BIOS update
- UPD Resetting the CMOS and cleaning all the dust out.
- UPD Turning on the 'Power on by Keyboard' feature .. just in case there's smth wrong with the power button itself
The only solution:
- Uplug the power cable, Wait for ~10mins, plug it back in and enjoy.
- When I bought it in 2009 — the situation was the same
- No overclocking. My configuration is more that enough for a programmer with moderate tendency to games.