I have a Gigabyte-EX58-UD5 (rev. 1.0) motherboard (reference docs here). The motherboard has a number of SATA connectiors, 6 are powered by an Intel southbridge and 4 are powered by some Gigabyte SATA2 chip.
Additionally, I have 3 hard disks:
- a 64GB Kingston SSD
- a 1TB Western Digital Black HDD
- a 2TB Western Digital Green HDD
(you can google these if you want, they are pretty standard ones)
My goals would be to have a stable system that also have acceptable performance. I don't really care for RAID setups and such, I have external backups of all my important data.
So my questions are:
- to which SATA connectors should I connect my disks?
- what BIOS settings would you recommend regarding AHCI and similar things?
- to which disc should I install Windows 7? (I'd really go for the SSD if nobody convinces otherwise)