I've got a few entire albums, and a few tracks from different albums, which iTunes for Windows has refused to import (since the latest major version upgrade, and also before). I have done the following to the files:
- Renamed the MP3 files themselves
- Moved the MP3s to different folders
- Updated/editted the ID3 tags
- Changed ID3 tages between v2.3 and v2.4 and v1.1
- Totally removed the iTunes library XML files and associated folders
- Completely uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes
- Tried this on both Windows and OSX boxes
I hope I'm not crazy, but I simply can't get these files to import. In addition, I can't even play the MP3s in iTunes; it simply doesn't do anything when I use the Explorer context menu to say "Play this in iTunes..." despite the fact that the files play on every other media player known to man.
Am I missing something? Does iTunes do some sort of secret check that the files are failing?