Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Is it possible to have the scroll wheel on my mouse send a keystroke instead? so when i scroll upward it sends the letter "a" and downward it sends the letter "b"?

share|improve this question
There's no need to crosspost. The site moderators can handle moving questions around. – Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams Oct 25 '10 at 8:31
i don't know how to delete my question off stack overflow! – blank bank Oct 25 '10 at 8:38
You don't. You flag it for moderator attention, and they'll handle it. – Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams Oct 25 '10 at 8:42

Try imwheel, xmodmap and/or xinput.

share|improve this answer

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .