Sign up ×
Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Possible Duplicate:
Make my IP address appear to be from another country

I'm outside of the USA. How can I connect to the Internet using my country's Internet servers but be recognized as a USA user?

share|improve this question

marked as duplicate by random Oct 28 '10 at 0:17

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

2 Answers 2

You need a VPN/Proxy access in the US ;-)

share|improve this answer

If you want to knockout website based blocks you can use (well, timeout...)

or use the Firefox plugin "Modify Headers" to set your "X-Forwarded-For" header to an us ip adress.

  • After installing open Tools -> Modify Headers in Firefox
  • Klick on Add
  • In the first field input: X-Forwarded-For, in the second an ip adress like
  • Don't close the window and open your desired web adress


But this is only for websites, if you wan't other web services to work you need some us Proxy or VPN service.

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.