To start off I run Ubuntu 10.04 x64 with Windows XP SP3 in VirtualBox for Photoshop.
I created an image in Photoshop and saved it to a common NTFS partition (accessible to Ubuntu and WinXP). I used Filezilla (on Ubuntu) to upload the image to my web host (HostGator, CentOS server).
When I am browsing the server with Filezilla I can see the image I uploaded. I can download it and view it in multiple applications on Ubuntu and WinXP.
The funny thing is if I browse the file system with a browser (Firefox or IE) I get a 404 not found error. I set the directory to list contents and the image does not show in the browser when looking at the directory contents.
Could this be an encoding issue? Filezilla sees the file but the browser/server does not.
UPDATE: I have tried the following things
- CTRL+F5 to clear the browser cache.
- Viewing the page the image is on (doesn't show)
- Typing the direct URL to the images (gets 404)
- Setting the server to list folder contents (file is not listed)
- I forgot to mention that I have created the file in PNG, JPEG, GIF (Photoshop Save for Web) and it hasn't made a difference. I think I am going crazy.