Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

In Visual Studio there's a function called "Navigate Backwards" that works as an undo/redo buffer for mouse click carat placement. In other words, it remembers the places you've clicked on in a document and allows you to go back to them.

Is there a similar function in Microsoft Word 2010? There's a "back" command, but it only works for hyperlinks.

share|improve this question
up vote 8 down vote accepted


I think that should be what you are after?

share|improve this answer
That's pretty close, and as close as I think I'll get. Thank you! – Greg Nov 8 '10 at 13:54 "Cycle through the locations of your last four edits " – Greg Nov 8 '10 at 13:54
FYI: The button for this is called "Previous Edit" – Greg Nov 8 '10 at 14:00

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.