How do I diagnose & fix a randomly slow laptop. I have a Compaq laptop that's already 2 years old. I have recently replaced its hard drive because I thought that it was dying and that's why its running slow. But after about 1 week of using the laptop with the new hard drive, it became slow again. I have installed Windows 7 on it. And its slow in every possible aspect that you could think of:
- File transfer
- The sounds aren't in sync with the display
I also noticed that when the laptop gets slow, the hard drive activity(light) is blinking frequently.
I don't also think that I'm infected with virus/malware because its running perfectly for about 4 days up to 1 week. Then it will slow down again. Then after about 1 day-1 week of not using it. It will go back again to its previous state.
Tried checking the RAM about 3x already using the built-in memory checker and it detected no problems.
I don't also think that its a heat problem because I have cooling pads. And when I try to feel the bottom of the laptop, its not hot.
Things that I have notice while its running perfectly:
- Acronis drive monitor always reports that hard disk temp is above 109 degrees F Whenever I try to watch my downloaded videos.-
- Hard disk gets even more hotter than the CPU-
- 2Gb RAM
- 2.50Ghz core 2 duo Processor--
- 320Gb traditional hard drive(hitachi)-
- Integrated graphics card-
What other things could I try to solve this one? Please correct me if my belief isn't true?