I have Windows Media Center running on Win7 RTM with a GIGABYTE GA-MA78GM-S2H motherboard. The integrated video card is an ATI Radeon HD 3200.
It's connected to a Sony Bravia KDL-46XBR4 tv via HDMI cable.
When I turn both on at the same time, I get great sound and video.
The issue is that when I leave the computer on and turn off the TV, the TV does not display the video or audio signal when I turn the TV back on.
- The computer is set to never turn of the display.
- I've tried different HDMI cables - I have two, a brand-name and a no-name cable.
- I've tried different HDMI input ports - all have the same behavior.
- I've tried cycling the TV to switch to different inputs and back, no dice
- I've tried Ctrl+Alt+Delete - no dice.
- I can confirm that the computer is running by connecting via remote desktop.
Only two things seem to work:
- shutdown and startup
- sleeping the computer and starting up.
Neither of those "solutions" work well, as I'm looking for a pure couch potato solution.