Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Possible Duplicate:
transform a trapezium into a rectangle

When taking an image of a physical document (i.e. a flat piece of paper) but the camera has not been aligned properly with the plane where the paper was lying on, so that the paper in the picture has some "trapez" to it, how can I rectify that?

Also, how can I rectify that when there are hundreds of such pictures and the plane-misalignment is slightly different in each picture? (whole book photographed)

I am not talking about image rotation, but more about the "trapez-effect" you get when camera and paper are not exactly on the same plane.

share|improve this question

marked as duplicate by Arjan, Mehper C. Palavuzlar, BinaryMisfit Nov 14 '10 at 10:09

This question was marked as an exact duplicate of an existing question.

Might get more answers at – ricbax Nov 12 '10 at 6:35

See this question and answers: "Which free software can I use to deskew scanned images"

Edit - Those answers may set you on your way, but they are more related to rotated scans than trapezoidal photos.

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .