Have you restarted the software or rebooted the computer?
Perhaps there's is something locking your mouse
I found something on the Adbobe site referring to such a problem with InDesign.
They claim Aero Glass could be the source of your problem.
When you try to access a tool or panel
item in Adobe InDesign CS3by clicking
on it, nothing happens.
You have Aero enabled on your Windows
Disable Windows Aero
Aero is a new
hardware-based graphical user
interface in Windows Vista. It is
intended to offer more advanced
features than are available in the
standard interface, including new
transparencies and animations.
- Choose Start > Control Panel.
- Double click Personalization and select Window Color and Appearance.
- Select Windows Color And Appearance.
- Click Open Classic Appearance Properties For More Color Options.
- Select a Color Scheme other than Windows Aero and click OK.
- Re-create the problem behavior, and then do one of the following:
- If the problem doesn't recur, then Aero is the cause.
- If the problem recurs, then Aero isn't the cause. Re-enable Aero.