I cannot think of a client since have not looked at many.
But, since you are on linux, you could setup a iptables meter on the torrent traffic and script a firewall action after your threshold crossover.
Note that I am not referring to the limiting/shaping control.
But, a slightly more involved trick using
cronjob and some scripting.
- Setup metering of the torrent activity with
- This would be where you need some help from others,
I have not used iptables as extensively as this would require.
Owner Match with
--uid-owner option will work (limited to OUTPUT chains).
- If you get this worked out, the other parts should be easy to setup
- Setup a
cronjob to track the meter (basic scripting)
- When the threshold (250GB) is hit,
- at the end of your period (month)
- check if the firewall was activated
- disable it if so (or restart the client maybe)
- reset the meters with a
I have conjured this method just now.
Do not have sufficient data to confirm it will work.
Maybe, some others with more iptables experience will be able validate and add.
Or, there could be an easier way to do this -- with some other tool chain.
Will update further if I get any more ideas.