Can anyone suggest any simple Windows software that just takes a single-page input file (jpg or otherwise) and prints it on 2x2, 3x3, 4x4 pages?
My old Canon inkjet printer could print posters: in the printer settings, I could select that my page should be printed as 2x2 or 3x3 or 4x4 pages instead. This was the simplest way ever to make big printouts. I could also tell it to only print e.g. part 3 and 5 of the poster. The output even had cut&glue marks! So I'd just create my art in a paint program and print it though the Canon printer.
Alas, the Canon died and was replaced by a HP multifunction monster which doesn't have this poster-printing ability. I've googled for alternatives and found a few stand-alone applications in which I'd have to create the poster, then it would print it on whatever number of pages needed. Nice, but a total overkill in terms of features and effort.
- Must handle DIN A4 page size.
- Must work on Win7 and WinXP.
- Must work with HP Touchsmart inkjet printer.
- Should be freeware. If not freeware then there must be a trial available. My budget is around $25.
- Should accept an input file that I've made in another application (JPG preferred).
- Should not require that I create the poster in the application; I want to use existing files. A simple file-import is acceptable.
- Should have cut&glue marks or other alignment hints.
- Should not be as fugly and Win3.1-ish as the Poster8 application mentioned above.
- Should allow only printing specific parts of the poster. To preview the final output, I want to be able print just the first&last page, and if they're fine then I want to print the remaining pages.