Take the 2-minute tour ×
Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

On Windows 7 there is a nice keyboard shortcut:




which moves the current window to a different monitor.

Is there a keyboard shortcut like this on the MacBook Pro (Snow Leopard)?

share|improve this question

1 Answer 1

up vote 5 down vote accepted

It is not possible out of the box.

You will need additional software, such as Size Up, or (untested) MercuryMover.

More general "hotkey" applications such as Butler and Keyboard Maestro might also be capable of doing this

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.