Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I wish I could give you more but I have a AC adaptor which I am trying to find ( as it's ... erm kaput ) and it has only a I.T.E power supply number.

I can't seem to find where this acronym comes from. Also I wonder if there is a guide to the types of output socket connectors there are as I can't seem to find one that looks the same as mine ( 4 pin male output socket ).

Thanks everyone

share|improve this question
up vote 5 down vote accepted

I.T.E. stands for Information Technology Equipment

There are certain standards, such as in the EU, specifically for ITE that dictate tolerances for electromagnetic radiation etc.

share|improve this answer
it seems so untrue in this day and time but this is exactly what it is :) I.T Equipment. Classic. Thanks :) – Judioo Aug 11 '09 at 21:43

protected by slhck Jul 21 '14 at 10:47

Thank you for your interest in this question. Because it has attracted low-quality or spam answers that had to be removed, posting an answer now requires 10 reputation on this site (the association bonus does not count).

Would you like to answer one of these unanswered questions instead?

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.