- PS3 is using the inbuilt wireless network adapter (I cannot change this)
When I try to ping the PS3 from ANY computer which is on a wired ethernet connection, I get Request Timed Out errors.
Whenever I ping from a computer with a wireless connection, it works just fine.
To be clear:
- Pinging from Wireless PC to Wireless PS3 works
- Pinging from Wired PC to Wireless PS3 fails
I have tried this on several PC's and Laptops all with the same results. As an attempted solution I have set up static IP's on all related devices.
- Default Gateway = 192.168.2.1
- PS3(wireless) = 192.168.2.100
- PC(wired) = 192.168.2.99
- Subnet Mask(for both devices, I have made sure) = 255.255.255.0