Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I would like to combine a human face with a cartoon one as shown in the Beavis & Butthead picture on this site:

bush and guy who hunts people with buckshot as beavis and butthead

I'm not sure what the technique is called, if there is one.

share|improve this question
up vote 4 down vote accepted

I'm assuming you are talking about the third picture. You can use Filters->Distort->IWarp in order to grow, shrink, and move portions of the picture in order to make it resemble a cartoon. It definitely has some major limitations. It would be nice if those features were more integrated into the main Gimp tools instead of opening another window in order to make the changes. The lack of ctrl-z is also a major limitation. It should do what you want though.

I recommend making the window very large and then pressing reset to start out.

share|improve this answer
Yes 3rd picture. – Canacourse Nov 20 '10 at 21:56

Pull up the image you want to distort in gimp..then click on "FILTERS" then "DISTORT" then "IWARP"

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.