Take the 2-minute tour ×
Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I was watching YouTube videos of the very opinionated Chris Pirillo, recordings of his live show. He has a little internet device sitting between his two monitors. Here's an example video that shows it.

I've seen it before but can't find it or remember its name at all. It's a little internet device, has a screen and is shaped kinda like a tiny iMac (the old ones). I think the back is fabric or leather or something... Anyway, what is it? Does anyone else recognize it and know what it is?

share|improve this question
If you don't know what it is, how do you know it is an "internet device"? –  Troggy Aug 11 '09 at 19:37
Can you post a still image for those of us who can't get the video? Pretty please? –  Andrew Scagnelli Aug 11 '09 at 19:40
I don't see a good reason for a downvote. The question is a completely reasonable one, and where else are you going to find a pool of people that are likely to know. Of course, just asking Pirillo himself might very well have been effective too.... –  RBerteig Aug 11 '09 at 20:34
@Troggy: because Pirillo owns it! –  STW Aug 11 '09 at 20:40
Thanks for all the comments everyone! @Troggy I remembered that it was some sort of internet device, just couldn't remember the name. It is, after all, an "internet radio player, digital picture frame, alarm clock - more!" and I think one of the uses of it is to show random Flickr images tagged with a certain tag. @A. Scagnelli Sorry for not seeing that soon enough; but you can go visit the chumby website and see it! :) @RBerteig thanks, yep. I tried asking the chatroom but he has replaced it with an ipod dock on his desk now so nobody knew of it. –  Ricket Aug 13 '09 at 13:06

4 Answers 4

Kinda looks like a Chumby to me, which makes sense since it's a little hackable cube thing that you can make do your bidding. chumby screen

share|improve this answer
Wish I could mark two answers, because you were right too and I don't know which of you posted first... :-\ Sorry! –  Ricket Aug 13 '09 at 13:08

I'm gonna throw in a vote for some kind of photo/video viewer by the way it slides pictures in and out.

no alt text b/c i dont have a clue w00t!!!11

Sorry I don't have one of those "Enlarge! Enhance!" tools they have in the movies.

share|improve this answer
Haha you know they could enhance it to high-res in the movies. –  Bratch Aug 11 '09 at 20:34
In the movies they could hack it by watching the blinky lights! –  STW Aug 11 '09 at 20:49

I can't watch the YouTube video right now, but it sounds like you are refering to this: chumby › internet radio player, digital picture frame, alarm clock - more!

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.