I know there have been issues with it and some of its predecessors and I've run into some of those, but I still don't understand all that is going on. Some specific questions.
- Can a given key be transferred to another machine? If so, will it require a phone call?
- Will an activation revert with hardware changes? If so, what hardware?
- Are there any counts/limits on activations?
- How do activations work if I am using virtualization? Will a single activation work for a Bootcamp image (dual boot) on a Mac as well as a Parallels/VMWare Fusion instance (virtualization)?
- What is the countdown listed when a system has not been activated?
- Are there differences between developer, consumer and business copies?
- Can I activate without an internet connection?
- Can different activation keys enable different functionality?