I am distributing a product that allow some access using FTP. I am looking for a simple way to connect to that service from the most generic Windows box. Installing an external ftp client, makes the process of connecting to my product more tricky than I like it to be.
So my question is:
Is there an ftp client that can do all of the following:
- connect on a non standard port.
- authenticate with username and password.
- upload a file.
Here is what I already tried:
- I had no success uploading a file with Internet Explorer.
- I had no success authenticating using Windows Explorer.
- I had no success connecting to a non standard port with
ftpcommand from the command line.
Am I missing something?
Edit: My bad. Apparently I was hitting the
max_connection limit on my server. So the answer for my question is: Windows Explorer do all of the above.