I am looking for a network-based label printer. I am looking at this Zebra LP-2844-Z printer.
- Unfortunately, it does not come with a network interface like the lower-end LP 2824 Plus.
- The ZebraNet 10/100 Print Server is both expensive for what it does (~$600) and only seems to support wireless networking, not wired. I prefer wired for reliability.
- Can I use a cheaper off-the-shelf print server to turn the LP-2844Z to a network printer. Would I get any trouble communicating with the printer via its own programming language or via OPOS? (instead of the Windows driver)
- Are cheaper print servers reliable? Would I be better to get another printer model that has it built in directly to avoid having issues due to the print server?
- What other printer would you recommend?