Today I've installed some updates from Windows Update and installed SAP client. Then I've rebooted my machine.
After that I was unable to connect to any networks.
- 3G/GSM modem connection fails with error 720 "A connection to the remote computer could not be established. You might need to change the network settings for this connection"
- Wimax connection (Yota) goes well until "Getting an IP address...", then fails
- Wi-fi connection to another computer looks ok, but if I open status page and look into 'details' section - it is empty, and no IP information appears. Ping another computer doesn't work
I've reverted updates, tried system restore to the beginning of the week - didn't help
I assume there are some problems with receiving an IP address, so I've checked that 'DHCP client' and 'TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper' services are started.
I've also checked device manager -> hidden devices -> 'TCP/IP Protocol Driver' and 'TCP/IP Registry Compatibility' are enabled and "are working properly"
Then I've run virus check:
- AVG Free full scan showed nothing
- Dr.Web CureIt Express Scan found nothing
- Dr.Wed CureIt Complete Scan is still running. Nothing found yet
So, now I'm out of ideas on diagnosing this problem and asking for your help here.