Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I use Microsoft Word 2007 & my figure numbers follow this style "Figure ‎1-3" I want change my style to "Figure ‎1.3"

would you please help me to do that?

share|improve this question
you could try a Search and Replace (CTRL+H) – Xantec Dec 2 '10 at 14:29
up vote 3 down vote accepted

Click on any of your figures, right click and select "Insert caption". Click on "Numbering" to view the "Caption Numbering" dialog box. Change the value from "- (hyphen)" to ". (period)" inside the "Use separator" box. Click OK and you're done.

alt text

share|improve this answer
Thank you so much, job done :) – rima Dec 2 '10 at 16:50
You're welcome. – Mehper C. Palavuzlar Dec 2 '10 at 18:09

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.