This is the situation: this is a Dell Optiplex 755, I recently upgraded it to Windows 7 64-bit, it had Windows XP SP3 previously. on XP I never had a problem hibernating the PC, now with Windows 7 64 every time I hibernate the PC it wakes it self after 5 or so seconds.
Here are the steps I already tried:
On Windows 7 I enabled the hibernation following this steps
- In the MoBo the sleep settings are on S3
- In the Mobo I disable remote wake ups
- I have disabled the remote wake up in the NIC
- When I run the lastwake command I get unknown device or something like that
- I already disable the wake timers on Windows
- I have the latest drivers from Intel, but I just found out that in the device Manager I get a warning sign on the "Intel AMT SOL (COM3)" device saying that it failed and windows stopped the device, I reinstalled the Intel drivers but nothing changed.
The only thing that I haven't touch is Intel ME in the MoBo but I don't if that could help and what settings are correct.