I'm trying to replace the DVD drive in my old PC. LiteOn.com is a mess and I can't find a single working driver or firmware update there, or anywhere. Windows XP tries to use a default, generic driver dated 2001. (About 9 years before this drive even existed.)
This correctly finds my LiteOn ihap-122-9 DVD Drive.
It correctly finds that I'm currently using firmware 6L0F.
It correctly tries to install 6L0H.
It completes 100% but then just fails and says "contact your vendor".
Does anyone know why?
Where can I actually get drivers... and firmware updates... that actually work for the ihap-122-9?
Apparently, the newest driver IS the 1 made 9 years before the drive existed. (Unbelievable.) And the latest firmware is the 1 that is already in the drive. (Common.)
No other drive I've had in this computer ever had a problem. This brand new LiteOn is doing this:
- Opening MY COMPUTER now takes 60 seconds.
- MY COMPUTER marking the drive as "DVD F:" takes another 30 seconds.
- MY COMPUTER showing "Batman II" title takes another 15 seconds.
- Clicking and running the movie will take another 30 seconds for the main-menu to appear.
- The movie starts about 20 seconds later.
- The movie runs fine for 1-2 seconds... then stops for 5 seconds.... then starts again and plays for 1-2 seconds.
- Repeats for 2 hours.
(It happens with all store-bought DVDs and all home-made DVDs.)