Cannot browse websites using wireless
This is a repeat of Cannot browse websites using wireless but I did not get any other information that helped.
- I have a Mac and Linux PC which have no problems browsing the web through the WAN.
- Multiple Windows XP PCs (SP3 and SP2) cannot browse the web, although they do connect the the router and get a standard IP address, and I can connect to the routers settings.
- I can browse the web on the windows pcs using an ethernet cable connected to the router.
- Windows firewall has an exception for web browsing (HTTP and internet explorer and firefox)
- I disable the Windows Firewall, updated the wireless drivers and checked for isolation and MAC filtering but there is nothing like that, I have never set this up either.
- The PC connects fine to the internet through a smartphone that also has internet access (I suppose this is similar to being connected through the ethernet cable).
- Disabling encryption doesn't seem to help
Windows IP configuration Host name : universi-3f69d5 Primary DNA suffix : Node type : hybrid IP routing enabled : No WINS Proxy enabled : No Ethernet Adapter LAN Connection 2: Media state : Media disconnected Description : Bluetooth Persona Area Network Physical Address : 00-0D-F0-56-92-6F Ehternet adapter Wireless Network Connection; Connection specific DNS suffix : Description : Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection Physical Address : 00-1C-BF-76-94-92 DHCP enabled : YES Autoconfiguration enabled : Yes IP address : 10.0.0.4 Subnet mask : 255.255.255.0 Default gateway : 10.0.0.2 DHCP server : 10.0.0.2 Lease obtained - Thursday, December 16 2010, 12:20 Lease expires - Thursday, December 16, 13:20
I once read about Web/Winsocket resetting in windows, but I can't seem to find anything, any further ideas ?