Well, the title says what I'd like to achieve: I'd like some workstations connect through my 1st internet account and some through my second one.
- The workstations are in a workgroup. They're not in a domain. So They don't have a server. One workstation has the internet connection and shares the internet through the whole LAN.
- I have 2 ADSL internet accounts on that workstation.
- The workstation's OS is Windows XP SP2.
I think I should define two http proxy servers on the workstation (probably via a software) and set the IE/Firefox proxy settings on each workstation to the appropriate proxy server. e.g. If I want station A to connect via ADSL1 I should set the proxy settings for ADSL1 as I have defined it in my workstation.
My question is:
- is my approach correct? Do I need to use a third party software to be able to achieve what I have described or can I just use Windows connection sharing features?
- What if I have to connect via ftp/telnet/etc? should I define other proxy servers and set the appropriate values in workstations as well?