I need to copy my numbers from my private Nokia to my office BB. I have not found a way to export my phone numbers from ovi or elsewhere. On Mac iSync stopped working with snow leopard and OVI on windows does not export. I do not mind using a windows suggestion. I lost a description on how to use the ovi backup files in another program.
What I have done so far
- terminal: sudo open -a iSync.app - it launched but iSync said "this device is not supported by iSync"
- went here http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/isync/compatibility-and-download
- found a plugin (I am sure that was not there a while ago :| )
- Checked software version 22.0.110
- installed plugin
- Ran iSync which found and installed my N97 device successfully.
- synced. It stopped with The connection was lost while talking to the phone. http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Nseries-and-S60-Smartphones/N97-iSync-Multimedia-Transfer-Modem/m-p/568560 no news since Jan 2010.
- Tried to download and install http://best-vcard.en.softonic.com/symbian but the installer fails :(
I simply do not understand why Nokia is giving us such a hard time. I would not have considered switching from Nokia if Mac had been better supported. It is so frustrating that they just seem not to care losing Nokia fanbois like me - especially since I am this outspoken on the net and what i say on popular forums gets indexed by google fast. I am very close to just go iPhone here.
Hope someone has Nokia's ears
UPDATE: I Downloaded NbuExplorer from sourceforge. It will extract everything from an OVI backup into VCF, VCS and VMG files.
Very useful software and free.