I have read this knowledgebase article, but would like to know if there's a way to tell exactly which process is causing my Mac not to follow the sleep schedule I have set in System Preferences > Energy Saver. I have narrowed it down to a being a process and will explain why I think so (see below).
I am running OS X (10.6.5) on the new iMac 27" and I am certain it's not the following:
- The "Wake for Network Access" checkbox in Energy Saver settings (has never been a previous issue)
- Peripherals (has never been a previous issue)
- Any active GUI application (all are closed)
- Additional USB/FireWire drives (none are connected)
- Bluetooth (it's off)
- Sharing services (has never been a previous issue)
The symptoms are as follows:
- The computer doesn't go to sleep at the predetermined time.
- It will wake up some number of hours after being put manually to sleep (but not within the first few seconds/minutes.)
Is there a specific string I should be looking for in Console? I have tried searching for "wake" and "sleep" but can't make total sense of the results.