Here's the deal:
I cleaned a hard drive of some viruses (externally) and put it back into the original pc. This hard drive will boot in any other pc except the original pc. When I try other hard drives in the original pc, they are able to boot. The drive has Windows XP.
What is the problem? How can I get this hard drive to work properly?
- The original hard drive works in other PCs.
- The PC boots with other hard drives acting as the master.
- If I boot with no hard drive, I still can't get into the BIOS
- These are all IDE hard drives
- The PC doesn't beep, it just boots into a black screen with a cursor blinking in the upper left of the screen
Edit: problem was a bad MBR. Thanks to everyone who replied in this question!