Been banging my head on the wall for some time now.
I have a fresh install of Windows 7 - Ultimate ~x86. Some IPs can't resolve properly, it doesn't matter if I try using Firefox, Chrome or IE I end up with a domain not found (server not found, etc.)
I am behind a router, all the other computers aren't affected only this Win 7 machine. It's only certain sites.
e.g. xkcd.com, facebook's cdn, google group.
Things I have tried:
- ipconfig renew
- Disable IP v6 on the NIC
- Double checked that the computer was in the right timezone @ the right time.
- Reinstall the NIC driver.
Again 90% of the sites will work but not the major one :P help!!!
EDIT: I tried using Google's public dns server @ 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 as an alternative and it worked fine so it's now down to a DNS problem. What doesn't make sense is that using the same DNS all the others computers on the network can access those sites (a mix of iPhone, HTC Magic, xbox 360, XP and Windows Vista).