Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I´m wondering if is possible to get Internet conection from one router to two pcs. (There is not network between the two pcs). The conection available is through rj11. Thank you.

share|improve this question
RJ-11 is a formfactor of a PLUG, it has nothing to do with the wiring, pinout, or signaling happening between two machines. Is this “router” really a “modem”? You need to clarify your question, otherwise you will get a bunch of answers that may end up frying whatever components you try to piece together. – peelman Dec 28 '10 at 15:34
up vote 1 down vote accepted

If you have a small switch this would do the job. SImply connect the switch to the router using a RJ11 - RJ45 cable. Then using RJ45 (Ethernet) cable connect the 2 pc's to the switch.

share|improve this answer

Most routers have more than one ethernet port, so you can connect more than one PC, no need for a switch, what model of router do you have? Or do you mean modem?

share|improve this answer

There are phone line network adapters, and power line network adapters, but they are relatively expensive. The better option, assuming the computers are reasonably close together (in the same house) is to create a wireless network. Wireless USB adapters can be had for ~$20 currently.

share|improve this answer
I agree with you, but I have two diferents OS, one pc has w2000 and the other has wxp. And I have problems to install a bluetooth driver in w2000 – Peterstone Dec 28 '10 at 18:10
Bluetooth? By wireless I meant 802.11 wifi. Of course w2000 is still an issue, but older 802.11b era adapters should support it. – shf301 Dec 28 '10 at 19:20

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.