Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

My disk has a thin crack right through the one side. Right around the crack it looks like it has water damage but I'm pretty sure it was caused from the crack.

Will tape work for this?

If there is no way to repair it, is there somewhere that I can take it so they might be able to somehow get the video off of it and onto another disk?

share|improve this question

If it has a physical crack, I wouldn't recommend attempting to salvage data since the spinning inside your drive might cause it do damage even further. I think your best bet is to take it to a specialist data recovery company. I'm sure google will help you locate one somewhere near you.

share|improve this answer – Moab Dec 28 '10 at 18:08

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .