I'm trying to run Windows Task Scheduler from the start menu (the command is
%SystemRoot%\system32\taskschd.msc /s) but as of very recently, I'm getting an error:
The window then opens as usual except no tasks are displayed and the error "Reading Data Failed" is shown on a few of the panels.
- ran rpccfg -a 1 and netsh rpc add 127.0.0.1
- changed PC name twice while computer was still loading
- installed and used DeltaCopy
- installed Adobe AIR
- installed Warsow
I can't think of any other system changes I've made.
- ran rpccfg with the parameter to reset to defaults
- ran netsh with the parameter to reset to defaults
- uninstalled DeltaCopy
- forced the service to restart. The service and its dependencies appear started and looked normal before and after
- connecting to "another computer" from inside the program and entering credentials for the current machine. This said access denied yesterday but today it says "Connecting as another user is only supported when connecting to a computer running Windows Vista™ or later." and partially works but doesn't show my tasks.
but I am on Vista!