I have never assembled a PC before, although I have taken an old one apart and replaced a few parts in others here and there so I have (very) limited experience. I have been looking to make a pc and here are the parts I might buy:
- Foxconn P45AL Intel P45 (Socket 775) DDR2 Motherboard (with onboard sound I believe)
- Gigabyte GeForce GTX 460 OC 768MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
- Already have 2 1gb sticks of dual channel DDR2 memory
- Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 LGA775 'Yorkfield' 2.66GHz 4MB-cache Processor
- Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB SATA-II 32MB Cache Hard Drive
- Antec Dark Fleet Series DF10 Gaming Enclosure – Black
- I already have monitor, mouse, keyboard and DVD/CD drive
- Akasa Freedom Power 1000W Modular Power Supply
I have never done this before so feel free to laugh at me for getting something obvious wrong, forgetting a vital component etc. but is all of this compatible? And have I gone overkill on the PSU, if so, please recommend one. Thanks in advance, ell.
EDIT: Added PSU which I forgot to mention
EDIT: I would be using this to surf the internet, write e-mails, chat, word process, play games such as team fortress 2 & spring rts (at highest graphics hopefully), some 3d modelling in blender, some opengl programming, and image editing in GIMP.