I want to improve the way I organize my projects/tasks/schedule
What I do now is:
- keep an excel sheet with the name of the most important tasks/projects, I look at it at the beginning of each day and decide the ones I will focus on
- on iCal I write down events for each day, or for a concrete time (13 to 14 hours). I set up each day the tasks I want to accomlish, and allocate them hours
- I use Things (culture code) to keep info about tasks and projects not very important and which are not time allocated yet (GTD name = someday)
- I use Mail on Mac and create folders for the mails I want to process with the name of the different projects
- I save the main info for each project on freemind maps
My system works well at the moment but it is pretty complicated to use. I want to make it better and I am looking for something with these requirements:
- must be 100% offline accessable
- it should use as less programs/resources as possible, ideally just one program should be able to manage all my info
- I can use the GTD methodology mixed with priorities and I can allocate each task converted to event on my calendar
- I can have different daily/weekly, etc views on a calendar to see the "big picture"
- must run on mac os x leopard
- price does not matter, I will pay for this
So, according to your experience, can you recommend me something like this?