Where is the administrator account?
Windows 7 has a super Administrator account that is similar to the 'root' account in Unix. The account is created when W7 boots up for the first time but is hidden & turned off by default.
To enable it:
• Start > In the Search field, type CMD
• On the list of available programs, right click the Command Prompt icon and click “Run as Administrator”
• From this elevated command prompt, type net user administrator /active:yes then press Enter
Once the command is successfully carried out, you see the message: ”The command completed successfully”.
Now you will see the Administrator icon on the logon screen. Important: The administrator account is not password protected by default. Do not leave the Administrator account without a password.
• Log on with the account
• Go to the Control Panel, click the User Accounts icon
• Select "Create a password for your account"