Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Can anyone identify this connector type? It is nothing I have seen before, and we have one that is converting from this connector to VGA. It needs to be replaced but with no idea what it is exactly.

enter image description here

share|improve this question
up vote 7 down vote accepted

This is a DMS-59 connector. They're commonly used as splitters - there are a lot of cards with single DMS-59 outputs that'll output two separate signals (due to pin density).

share|improve this answer
Thank you, it seems no one here could pick that one out – Robert Bailey Jan 24 '11 at 16:14
That's unsurprising - you don't see it very much except on low profile cards or quad output cards. (It's still more common than VHDCI but that isn't saying much.) – Shinrai Jan 24 '11 at 16:30

The specific name is the DMS-59. I've only seen these on smaller towers. Here is a pic of the female connection from the wiki article:

DMS-59 video cable

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.