Does anyone know of a tool (exe or script etc.) to manage transfer of large folders over a poor network connection? It would need to be able to handle very slow speeds and network outages, and keep trying until it succeeeded.
The scenario being I have a CD (in the CD drive or copied to a HARD Drive) and I need to be able to copy to a remote computer. I can then leave it overnight or whatever, and in the morning it has copied all the data across.
The facilities I need are:
- Standalone, i.e. no installation required
- Command line operation, returning an error code, optionally silent
- Allow Transfer folder or Drive letter
- No reasonable restriction on folder size (at least up to 100GB)
- Split large files into smaller chunks (max size specified by user)
- Resumable (if stopped, the tool will be able to continue where it left off, not necessarily files copied in resumable mode)
- Another command line tool to reconstitute the split files the other end
- Must use standard windows copying
- Checksums produced at either end on completion of copy
To copy the D drive on this machine to the share on remotepc splitting files larger than 1000K, I'd imagine a command line like:
SlowButSureCopy.exe D:\ \\remotepc\share 1000
Any ideas, or will I have to write it?