For anyone who wants to use a mapped network drive or a UNC path for the license file:
Perform these steps in a VM where UAC is disabled.
- Create a share from a local folder or drive
- Install SketchUp wit hall default settings
- Start Sketchup as Admin
- Click “Start using SketchUp” (Select a Template: Simple Template – meters)
- Click Help -> License -> Authorize
- Click Skip, enter your license information and click OK
- Browse to the share created at step 1 and click OK
SketchUp is now activated and a server.dat file (with a reference to the license file) has been created in C:\ProgramData\SketchUp\SketchUp 2014
- The license file itself can be found in the chosen share from step 1
This license file can be moved to a mapped network drive or UNC-path
- Remove the created share if needed
Attention! The server.dat file contains a reference to the license file. This reference should be changed to the path where you store the license file itself, may it be on a mapped network drive or UNC path. The server.dat file can be copied to all systems using SketchUp. Mind you that the server.dat file can only be edited with an advanced editor like NotePad++ else it will not work!!
So you can use \server\share or X:\share