- Fresh install of Windows XP SP3. No system restore.
- Didn't install USB printer drivers before connected it to PC.
- Mistakenly allowed XP to auto install some driver which turned out to be a USB hub(!).
- Now I can't get XP to see the printer as a printer.
- Have tried uninstalling the offending driver in Device Manager and rebooting but it keeps being detected as a USB hub.
How do I revert XP back to a pristine, unsullied USB state so it doesn't know about the USB hub and will (hopefully) install the printer as a printer?