I have Ubuntu 10.04 running gnome and two monitors.
I am wondering if a can get a better multi-monitor configuration tool. The one I have, gnome-display-properties, has too many problems, including:
When I swapped my monitors over, the narrower (external) one now on the left. There is a width calculation error, such that I have a virtual monitor the width of the wide-monitor on the narrow-monitor and part of the wide monitor. And a virtual narrow-monitor on the remainder of the wide-monitor. Also the visible mouse pointer does is not aligned with the active spot, an x offset of one monitor width.
I would like, in approximate order of importance:
- to be able to select which is primary monitor.
- to have multiple configurations.
- configurations to be automatically selected based on which monitors are attached.
- configurations to be cycled (reliably) when display mode key is pressed.
- when a display is deactivated, for windows to migrate to remaining monitors.
- option to not change display resolution when mirroring, but to use side/top blanking bars to pad out screen.