I am desperate, and hoping I can get help from you.
I have HP pavilion dv5000 with 3 port, running win7. Three days ago, I used a usb modem to connect to net and I powered off the computer while the usb modem still plugged in (I really can't tell if this is the cause of my problem) when going to bed.
The next day, my computer won't recognized any usb storage device. To try find out what is going on, I tried the followings:
- tested the pen drive on another computer and it worked fine
- tested the usb modem on my computer and it also worked perfectly
- tested a usb mouse on my computer and it worked fine without problem
- Formatted the hard drive twice
- Bought a new hard drive and performed a fresh installation
- some websites suggest to create DisableSelectiveSuspend in the registry and set its value to 0
- some other websites say leaving the computer off and unplugged would solve the problem, but no luck when I left mine off for two days without battery.
I'm now out of option, please help cause I have information on my external hard drive I need to use.