I use FlatRedBall for Silverlight game development (casual, Flash-style games). I'm toying with the idea of getting a laptop to develop during my commute (~4 hours per day). Probably on Windows XP, but more likely to be whatever's pre-loaded -- my guess would be Vista.
What are the elements that I should consider for laptops that are specific to Silverlight game development? For example:
- Sound is not important; I just need speakers, any sound-card will do.
- Heavy graphics are quite unlikely
Beyond this, I'm not sure about:
- Is dual-core important, or is a single core probably sufficient?
- How much RAM is too little? How much is probably too much?
- What other factors should I take into consider?
I know a bunch of similar questions have been closed, so I tried to make this generic and more broad; I will need to research laptops available to me once I've figured out what to look for.