So I have an ASUS P7P55D-E Pro motherboard. It has an on-board Realtek 8112L LAN controller w/ AI NET2. I suspect that my LAN controller is dead but I don't really know for sure. This is what I know thus far:
- Everything was working, I have a triple booted system and ethernet was functional under Linux, Win7, and OSX.
- My ethernet is no longer functional under all three of the operating systems.
- I was experiencing random momentary internet outages before everything finally went dark.
- I don't know much about the AI NET BIOS tool but I believe it just checks for ethernet problems before you boot into an operating system. In any case, it doesn't find a connection upon boot.
- I've checked the connection on a couple of other machines and everything worked fine.
I think I already know the answer to my question, but are there any other possible explanations, or is it dead?