Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I am flying to the US soon (from the UK) and want to know if a Mac Book air from the US will work here considering the voltage difference.

Most laptops have a 'power brick' which works over a range of voltages say, 100V - 240V.

Does anyone know the range of the power supply of a US Mac Book Air.

share|improve this question

closed as too localized by Breakthrough, bwDraco, Simon, Dave M, 8088 Apr 25 '13 at 16:17

This question is unlikely to help any future visitors; it is only relevant to a small geographic area, a specific moment in time, or an extraordinarily narrow situation that is not generally applicable to the worldwide audience of the internet. For help making this question more broadly applicable, visit the help center.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

The excellent Mactracker says a new generation MBA has a 100-240V AC / 45W MagSafe adapter.

All Macs have these Voltage ranges so that one only needs the Apple Travel Kit to use them anywhere in the world.

share|improve this answer

The charger is universal all over the world.

The only thing you need is a $2 socket adapter for the wall outlet for Country you are going.

All over Europe it is the same plug, but I do not know for UK.

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .