I have noticed that iTunes will sometimes corrupt the odd song in my music library. By "corrupt", I mean that the song seems to get truncated half way through. The metadata (specifically song length) stays accurate, but the song will just quit (and the iPod goes to the next song) after, say 2 minutes or so.
I am sure it is happening on my computer because:
1. I notice that the song is corrupted on my iPod,
2. I then go back to iTunes and listen to it there, and it stops in the same place.
3. I then sync another iPod and the song is also corrupted there.
I am pretty sure it is not a hard-drive problem because:
1. It has happened on two different computers.
2. It has happened on my current computer both before and after I moved my iTunes library to a Network Storage Device.
My only recourse when this happens is to remove the song from my library and replace it (either buy it again or re-rip from my original CD).
Has this happened to others? Any idea what might be causing the problem and how I can avoid it?